Date(s) - 08/24/2017
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Cambridge-Isanti High School
430 8th Ave NW
The Minnesota Business Tax Education Partnership is presenting a seminar for employers and their representatives who are interested in information on state and federal employment taxes and other employer responsibilities.
The seminar will be taught by experts from the IRS, MN Dept of Revenue, MN Unemployment Insurance Program, MN Workers’ Compensation Insurers Association, and the United States Dept of Labor.
Seminar content will include information on:
• Worker status (independent contractor vs. employee)
• Employment Tax withholding, depositing and reporting
• Unemployment Insurance
• New hire reporting rules
• Department of Homeland Security (USCIS) employee verification requirements
• Workers’ Compensation Insurance
• State and Federal Labor standards (wage/hour issues)
MN Dept of Employment and Economic Development